Main Menu

Used the import tool

Started by herofix, January 17, 2011, 10:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herofix

It seems all went well.  It skipped over two records because of some error on my part, but my spreadsheet wasn't bang up to date anyway. 

http://www.vinylresurgence.com/collections.php?uid=108

Josh

Excellent! Now that's I've got some more data to play with, I can make some more features and functionality. I hope to get album art in there soon.

Are there any features you'd like to see in the future? Was there anything that you saw that could be made easier?

I am also working on functionality where you can export your collection back out to an excel file whenever you want.

Thanks for your feedback and nice collection!

Edit: Loving the Waits and White Stripes collection!
Technics SL-D205 TT > BBE FJB200X Phono Preamp > Behringer UB1202 > KRK Rockit 5s

herofix

Album art would be incredible.  Might be hellish time-consuming though!

It did take me a wee while to do the import but none of that was because of you.  I didn't have my own spreadsheet, I'd been cheating by keeping my collection on Discogs.  That's why it's not 100 percent up to date, because if no one had created the record on Discogs, I wasn't able to add it to my collection there.  But they let you export your collection data as a csv, so there weren't too many problems.  

Believe it or not my biggest problem came from something you never could have predicted - my keyboard transposes the two characters for vertical bar and the broken vertical bar!  So I'd type out one of them and get the other.  Took me a good half hour of serious head scratching.  Then my version of Notepad wouldn't transfer over the vertical bar delimiter, so I had to download an alternative called Notepad++.  Hah!  Like I said, not your fault, and I got there in the end.

Re: The White Stripes - there's a dangerous band to get a hankering for in terms of collecting.  My mouth was watering at their Great White Northern Lights boxset, it was absolutely stunning, but so so expensive.  Not in the collection as you can see!

Edit: I should have said thank you for the job well done on the help doc.

Josh

Thanks for the feedback on the tool --I will use that to improve it.

-I know what you're saying about the white stripes --real expensive (but great) stuff sometimes. I like the kit with the record player that I saw in /r/vinyl the other day. Slick stuff.
Technics SL-D205 TT > BBE FJB200X Phono Preamp > Behringer UB1202 > KRK Rockit 5s